The beginning - I join Grindr looking for my husband

No, really. That's how it started. I joined Grindr looking for my husband. You see, I married my husband last year. He was meant to come live with me. He never came, and completely shut me out. Telling my friends about this, they told me they had seen him on Grindr before. Not just recently, but even from before we were married. Now, Grindr is not just any innocent dating app. It's notorius for being the app where gay men hook up for casual sex. That my husband had been on it for some time, was quite shocking. 


In the end I heard nothing from my husband. No answers to my emails, calls, texts. He was in a different country as well. I wondered if he was still on Grindr and if so, maybe I could expose him on there. Even though he had not talked to me for a long time, and I suspected he had now moved in with his male "daddy" lover, we were still married. In fact, it's quite a combination: married, in a clandestine relationship with another man, and still looking for casual hookups. So I created a fake profile. I quickly found my husband. There he was...easy to recognize profile but no photo. I started chatting. Said I was moving to the same city. He responded. Sent me a few photos. Yep, definitely him. I asked what he was looking for. He said "fun". In the world of Grindr, that can only mean one thing: sex. So there it was, he was on there. I decided to tell him who I was and that I knew he was on there, and that I knew he had been on there from before we were even married. After some minutes waiting, a vague response ticked in. He did not know what to say and had been trying for so long to find the right words. Not that I really believed any of it. I did get a response though, but not the response I was looking for and hoped for. Instead, just excuses. 


So there I was, with a profile on Grindr, still married, to a husband using the same app. 


So what happened next? I tried hookups. Didn't really like it. Oh, and I divorced my now ex-husband. You can read the whole story "Help! I married a narcissist!" here.


Comments

Post a Comment

Most viewed

Help! I Married a Narcissist!

(Unofficial) Grindr FAQ

Stay safe when using gay hookup apps like Grindr